Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Bloating, pain in upper right side, fatty liver. CT scan done. Suggestions?

I had a CT scan a few months ago because of lots of pain and bloating in my upper right side, it showed a moderately enlarged diffusely infiltrated fatty liver . My liver tests are still normal however the pain is worse clear through to my back and I feel like my side is so full that it will bust open soon. My Doctor says there isn t much I can do and will probably end up on a transplant list in a year. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM. Thanks for the query.
This is absurd to say that fatty liver should be treated with transplantation. Only cirrhosis and terminal liver disease require transplatation and fatty liver is most benign liver condition which is primarly treated by dietary and lifestyle habits so you need to follow hepatic diet,avoid alcohol,regulate sugar and lipids in blood and lose weight. If there is no improvement you need some medicines. if there is sign of cirrhosis you need liver biopsy to find the exact cause.
Wish you good health.
Answered: Fri, 20 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor