Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Bloated stomach, stomach pain. Had food poisoning. Need medical attention?

I had food poisoning a week ago and my stomach has felt bloated ever since. I drank alcohol for the first time since the episode last night and was woken up several times during the night by stomach pain and this morning my stomach is extremely bloated and I am having some stomach cramping do I need to see a doctor or will this settle down on its own?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for writing to Health Care Magic
It is better u consult a doctor. Alcohol causes severe gastritis and acidity. this could have caused distension in ur abdomen. The abdominal distension could also be due to fluid collection. There are other causes like pancreatitis, hepatitis in which case u can have abdominal distension. To know the cause better consult a gastro-enterologist.
Hope this helps u
Thanks and regards
Answered: Mon, 29 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor