Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Bloated stomach. Suffering with Hypothyroidism. Allergic to gluten or corn. Which specialist should we consult?

This is the question I asked..... Do I have to pay on this site to get a response??
My daughter has been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and is seeing an Endocronologist. She recently did the "virgin diet" Removing dairy, wheat, gluten & corn for 28 days. She had amazing results! The weight she had gained is back under control and also the bloating that made her look 3 months pregnant. She just added back in corn. She noticed after 4 days the bloating returned in full force. It was kettle corn, she isn't sure if it is the corn or the gluten from the oil it is cooked in. We'd like to have a COMPLETE round of allergy testing to find out exactly what she is allergic to but want more than just a scratch test. What kind of test should we ask for and also type of specialty doctor to see.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
yes definately food proteins are cauing allergy
you need to consult allergy specialit who can do blood tests for specific antiboies for milk wheat potato chana or other common foods you take
you can withdraw the food to find the results
you can also go for immunotherapy for treatment
Answered: Thu, 17 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor