Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Blistery rash in arm crook, small bumps in trunk area. Taken Shingles medication. Treatment?

I had a round blistery rash that appeared in the crook of my arm about two weeks ago. The rash was circular with fairly large blisters. also had some small bumps appear on the same side of my body in the trunk area. went to the ER and was prescribed meds for shingles . Have been on that for one week. The blisters in arm crook began to dry up but today there are some more tiny bumps going from the crook toward the wrist . Not as big and blistery but very itchy. the original site is now a bit darker and very dry. I am doubting now that it is shingles. Should I see a dermatologist?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  313
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,   ,   ,  
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi blistary rash over the one side of the body can be is a viral infection caused by hsv 1 can be treated by valcyclovir 1000mg thrice daily for five days.ultracet twice daily and application of calamine lotion in the morning and silverex ointment in the night.if there is post herpetic neuralgia it can be cured by libotryp twice daily
Answered: Tue, 22 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor