Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Blister or cyst on bottom of penis. Could it be herpes? Does herpes go deep into the skin like cysts do?

A blister or cyst appeared on the bottom of my penis where the shaft meets the pubis . It felt very deep, much like a cyst. I am sexually active however and, while it is just a single very deep blister/cyst, I am paranoid about herpes. It didn t have a head on it and after I squeezed it it popped. The fluid that came out was all blood, no pus. Is this just a small cyst? Could it be herpes? Does herpes go deep into the skin like cysts do?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear it seems to be a small cyst...
herpes has a very burning sensation and occur in clusters....they have short history...
in my opinion it is either Dermoid cyst,as it is in mid line or it is cebaceous cyst which can occur in any heary area ...
when ever such cyst is infected,it strt pain and some bloody dirty secration....
i advise you to visit a general surgeon or a urologist for it surgical excision ...
wish you good health ....
Answered: Tue, 22 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor