Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Blister looking bump below canine. Having gum pain. Should I consult dentist?

Hi, I m fifteen years old and yesterday randomly during the day I felt a pain in my lower gum. I pulled my lip down and noticed a small white blister looking bump below my lower right canine. It is sore and I m considering on whether to go see the dentist or not.. I m hoping it is not an infection and just some type of canker soar that will heal on its own.. what do you think?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  132
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
I am Dr.Neha Gupta (dentist) and am glad to address to your query here.

Options are plenty when it comes to clearing mouth blisters but first it is necessary to find out the underlying cause. in most cases, mouth blisters is not a serious issue and many times vanish without any treatment. Eating spicy and hot foods can aggravate the pain associated with mouth blisters. Hence, staying away from these food items is important to ensure that mouth blisters last only for a short while. Including less spicy and salty foods in the diet may prevent recurrence of mouth blisters. In case, vitamin B12 deficiency is diagnosed, taking vitamin supplements may help to clear mouth blisters. Cold sores that appear around the mouth may be treated with topical ointments On the other hand, antibiotic treatment at the earliest is the key to get rid of syphilis.

Mouth blisters remedies like rinsing the mouth with Neem water or water containing zinc can work wonders to alleviate the pain and shrink the mouth blisters. As turmeric displays antiseptic properties, it can also be helpful to cure mouth blisters. Prepare a solution by adding turmeric in boiling water. Once the boiling water returns back to room temperature, rinse the mouth with the solution to get rid of blisters.

Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at healthcaremagic through my profile directly.
Answered: Thu, 14 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Qazi Ammara's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

Blisters in the mouth can be because of several reasons Mouth Ulcers , Canker Sores ,
injury to the mouth , Viral infection , Oral Candidiasis , Herpes simplex , Anemia , Chronic infections , Apthous ulcers , Dietry deficiencies .

Get complete mouth scaling and polishing done .

Brush tooth with a soft bristle tooth brush.

Use 0.2% of chlorhexidine mouthwash solution gargles twice daily .

Take vitamin suplements .

Avoid hot ,spicy , citrus , acidic foods.

Hope this helps out.

Answered: Wed, 13 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Bindiya Bhaskar's  Response

Thanks for posting your query.

blister could be-

aphthous ulcer
abscess arised due to poor oral hygiene.
faulty toothbrushing method causing toothbrush injury.
I suggest you to get thorough scaling done.
vitamin becosules and nutritional rich food has to be taken.
maintain good oral hygiene.
The pus if present,has to be drained out.
take care.
Answered: Wed, 13 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor