Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Blister like sore on the penis spreading. Have stinging. Need to get checked?

I have a blister-like sore on the left side of the shaft on my penis. It started out as a sore but after it opened up, it looks like a open sore that could be spreading. It looked like it went really deep in. I soaked in Epsom soak and have put neosporin on it and it appears to be doing better, but still stings and is open (scab that fell off was mush texture, not hard). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. I believe that from the description of your problem you may have a problem with herpes, however you will need to be examined by a doctor to confirm the diagnosis. You may also need STI screening to make sure you do not have any other infection. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Tue, 11 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor