Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Blister like bumps on the stomach of a 4 year old. How to teat this?

My 4 year old daughter has had bumps on her stomach for about 4 months. They don t go away but they don t look irritated either. They are almost blister like bumps. We popped one of them tonight and there was puss like a pimple and then a piece of white skin like substance came out, almost Ike a seed. What in the world is this and what do we need to do to treat it? They do not cover her stomach there are only about 3 or 4. But they do seem to be spreading a little. I noticed a couple new ones that are very tiny.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  180
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Your child seems to have lesions of molluscum contagiosum
Molluscum contagiosum (MC) is a viral infection of the skin.This common viral disease has a higher incidence in children, sexually active adults, and those who are immunodeficient, and the infection is most common in children aged one to ten years old.
MC can affect any area of the skin but is most common on the trunk of the body, arms, and legs. It is spread through direct contact or shared items such as clothing or towels.
Molluscum contagiosum lesions are flesh-colored, dome-shaped, and pearly in appearance. They are often 1–5 millimeters in diameter, with a dimpled center.They are generally not painful, but they may itch or become irritated
These lesions are very contagious ,so early and proper treatment is very essential
Treatment options include application of agents like retinoic acid and KOH especially in children, chemical cautery, electric cautery or mechanical curettage..
so i would advise you to visit a dermatologist soon for proper treatment

Hope it helps
Dr Geetika Paul

Answered: Sun, 14 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
As these bumps are of long duration, it seems that these might be due to allergy, due to some talc, clothes or some internal allergens.
Now there is some infection took place leading to pus formation.
Go for antibiotic and anti histamine medicines, after consulting your doctor.
Clean local part with antiseptic lotion and apply triple action cream.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Sat, 30 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor