Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Blister in roof of mouth after eating hot food. What causes this?

Hi, This started out about a year ago. When I take food thats anywhere between warm and hot, I get blister on the roof of my mouth and interestingly it occurs on the same spot. Its really painfull but once I pop it the pain goes away. It is really uncomfortable since I have to sort it out before I can continue eating. It began as something that would happen once a week but now it happens about 4 times in a week. I visited my dentist two monts ago and he seems to have no clue what causes this. Please help me out.
Asked On : Tue, 30 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  685
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dentist 's  Response
Hello Dear,
as you have said its recurrent and happening since last 1 year ,certainly this portion of your mouth needs biopsy,it could be a kind of palatal cyst and may need to be excised by an oral surgeon .you should avoid spicy,crispy and hot food.
Answered: Wed, 31 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Inderpreet Singh's  Response
hot foods cause ulcers due to the burn they cause. moreover you may be prone to ulcers due to higher stress levels or vitamin deficiency.
i recommend you not to take too hot foods or liquids and take capsule of vitamin A to Z .
for application i recommend you apply a gum paint or mucopain over the sore spot.
Answered: Tue, 30 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor