Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Blister due to rubbing shoe, taking antibiotics for infected blister. Should I pierce the blister?

I recently got a bister due to a rubbing shoe, it didnt clear up and around a week ago i ended up with an infection , which i have been taking antibiotics now, the toe now is less raw due to the antibiotics and i have just cleaned the toe to ease it some what ridding it of the old blister skin and dead skin, underneath that now is another bister that seems to be full of some form of liquid, possiby the infection comming out, should i peice the bllister and drain the liquid out as its very painful and seems unable to pop itself,
Asked On : Fri, 23 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  89
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response

You seem to have developed a cellulitis over your feet which is a bacterial infection.
The blister that you have developed is also a part of the infection.
As far as rupturing of the blister is concerned, you need to do it very carefully. You should use a sterile needle for the same. Do not remove the roof of the blister. After rupture, let the skin settle down of its own and cover the raw area.

Apply a topical antibiotic cream over the affected area after cleaning with an antiseptic liquid twice a day.
Keep foot end elevated.

Hope it helps

Dr Geetika Paul.
Answered: Wed, 20 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor