Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Blister due to burn, turned into horrible white patch. Will it go away itself ?

i burnt my leg with a iron and at first there was a blister. the blister went and now my skin has this horroble white patch its big and it looks really bad. my skin doesnt hurn anymore it just like its normal besides that massive white patch on my skin im really scared that it wont go away its been 2 months now and its steel there. please please tell me that it will go away is there anything i can do please help me.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  238
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi..thanks for writing here.In any case of burn there is initial a blister formation,which fades away and developing either a black spot or a white patch as in your case.You can just start applying placentrex gel in morning followed by sun exposure and momate cream at night along with a multivitamin tablet daily at night,for one month.If there is slight pigmentation in it then continue with placentrex gel four days in a week and momate cream 2 days in a week till complete repigmentaion occurs,but if still no repigmentation after one month then better consult a dermatologist .You can also go for surgical treatment like punch grafting or suction blister directly if you want faster results. Take care.
Answered: Mon, 8 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor