Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Bleeding while passing stools. Should I go to the doctor or wait?

Hi, this is a little embarrassing but I opened my bowels a couple days ago and it literally felt like glass coming out, after I noticed I was bleeding quite a bit. Yesterday I opened my bowels and again today and still blood keeps dripping into the toilet. I have looked down there to see if I can see anything and I can see that it is cut bad on the outside going in. Not too sure how badly cut it is inside. I m not sure what I can do to stop it bleeding every time I go to the toilet, should I go to my doctor or wait and let it heal? Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
The symptoms you have described sound like anal fissure. I would suggest you visit your doctor. You need a rectal exam to confirm the presence of a fissure. In case it is a fissure stool softeners like polyethylene glycol can b used to reduce the pain and bleeding.
Dr Samir Patil
Answered: Thu, 16 Oct 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor