Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Bleeding post sex, no pain, red spotting on first day followed by brown, awaiting pap smear results. What should be done?

Hello, I first started having sex last March 2012 and I am 31 years old. So normally, of course I bled since I was a virgin . My question is, even after the first time I still bleed after sex and then I started taking birth control pills and I continued to bleed for 3 months, which I allotted for break through bleeding . But after 3 months, every time I have sex I still bleed, but do not bleed anymore during normal days, just after sex. It is not heavy bleeding, just like red bright red spotting for 1 day then brown spotting for 4 days and I am not in pain during sex. I already had my pap smear done but still awaiting results. What do you think is happening and what should I do? I tried getting an OBGYN referral but my family physician needs to be more convinced that I am sicker than I think I am before she makes a referral.
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2016


Heavy bleeding during sex or period may be due to cervical polyp or growth, uterine fibroid, endometriosis, adenomyosis, thyroid disturbance etc.

I suggest you to undergo one pelvic examination and pelvic ultrasound scan to confirm the diagnosis. Pap smear test will be worthwhile.

Kindly, consult with your gynecologist regarding this. Maintain genital hygiene. Good luck
Answered: Mon, 21 Jul 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor