Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Bleeding if lifting object and after having sex. Lower back pain, irregular periods. Want second opinion

I have irregular periods, I am 42 years old. But I notice if I strain or lift something I will start bleeding usually for just about a day. Also, after sex I bleed about the same. My last menstrual cycle was about 4 months ago. My lower back really hurts when I bleed. I ask my doctor he said because my periods are irregular I shouldn t worry. I was wondering if I should get a second opinion.
Tue, 23 Oct 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Well if you are having irregular bleeding p/v and also post coital bleeding per vaginum at this age of 42, you need little further evaluatuion. You have to visit to a gynecologist, for a clinical examination and particularly the examination of the cervix.You may need to perform a diagnostic hysteroscopy with endometrial biopsy or simply a D& C with endometrial biopsy. A ultrasonography is a another optional investigation you may need to do if your gynecologist desires.
Good luck ,bye
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor