Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Bleeding gums, pus formation, itchy face. History of abdominal and rheumatic pain. Cure?

Hi, I am 34 year old man .I have been affected gum bleeding with pus and it become worse now. When I woke up in the mornig my mouth s saliva became filled with pus and blood; besides I have affected skin disease with itching on my face; when I press it causes a slight yellow pus and itching will be stop. Now in this week I felt rhrumatic problems ; I cheked with a doctor in my legs,tiredness and abdominal pain , back bone pain etc have found,please give me a good suggesion
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012
Answers:  4 Views:  148
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
I would like to tell you that you are having Periodontitis that occurs due to poor oral hygiene or any systemic disease like diabetes, hypertension or during pregnancy.
It occurs due to inflammation & infection of gingiva.
Best way is to get oral prophylaxis done.
Do betadine gargles twice a day.
Use chlorhexidine mouthwash once daily.
Regarding other problems consult general physician.

Take Care
Answered: Sun, 23 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda's  Response
hello and welcome to hcm forum,
i would like to inform you that bleeding gums with pus discharge is a clear sign of 'periodontitis',
it is a condition which can be associated with a number of factors like poor oral hygiene, diabetes, other systemic condition,
The blood & pus oozing is following infection and inflammation of the gums and other deeper tissues which support the teeth.
I advise you to visit a dentist and get a professional full mouth scaling done ,
use an antibacterial mouth rinse(twice/day),
maintenence of proper oral hygiene and regular follow ups with your dentist is must .
for skin and joints related problems i would recommend you to see a dermatologist and a physician soon.

i hope i answered your query.
i wish you good health.

Answered: Sat, 8 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Khushboo Bhatia's  Response
Pus and bleeding from gums can be there because of gum infection or can occur from infected tooth. Pus drainage from tooth and gums will provide some pain relief. To reduce swelling of the gums, you can also do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day. You need to visit your dentist for evaluation and treatment.Without clinical examination and without seeing the x-rays, it is difficult to give definite treatment plan. Maintain a good oral hygiene to avoid any secondary infections.
Answered: Sat, 8 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Gunjan Gupta's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
I read your problem,bleeding gums and pus discharge indicates poor oral hygiene.
I will suggest you visit a dentist in your area as soon as possible and ask for scaling first.
If not treated it will leads to destruction of tooth supporting structures and results in loosening of teeth.So please visit a dentist as soon as possible and get the thorough examination done.
Mean while you can perform betadine mouthwash gargles twice daily for 15 days.
Nothing to get worried.
Take Care
Dr. Gunjan GUpta
Answered: Mon, 10 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor