Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Bleeding from the nose after being hit. Need to get checked?

My son threw his head back this evening and it landed squarely on my nose . Both myself and my husband, who was sitting about 4 feet away, heard a crack. The right side of my nose bled for about 3 minutes but it stopped with no interference on my part. It s still tender but not excruciating. Do I need to see the dr for this or just wait to see if any other symptoms occur?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  53
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi and thanks for the query,
If you are not bleeding actively, I think you might stay at home with no real worries. If the pain becomes severe, simple analgesics and ice parks for the start to avoid swelling might be very sufficient. But if you start bleeding again, pain becomes unbearable or you experience another unusual sign or symptoms, an examination by your family care physician becomes imperative. For the moment, I suggest watchful observation and rest.
thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Wed, 20 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor