Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

Bleeding from back passage after miscarriage, can you give me any advice

Hi I had a missed miscarriage confirmed the Wednesday before last. I had an erpc the next day. On the following Monday I started to bleed heavier and bad cramps. I called the erpc and they said it can be normal after the procedure I had and just to take pain relief and relax. The next day and the Wednesday was worse. Then Wednesday just before bed I felt something massive pass. Went to a+e who think it was part of the second sac they thought was absorbed from my body. Yesterday I started getting more pain in the left hand side of uterus. A kind of contraction pain and blood is coming out from my back passage. It looks different to the blood coming out from the front. Plese can you give me any advice on this./ Thank you very much
Asked On : Mon, 9 Aug 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  253
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
looks like there might be a fistular connection between the uterus and the bowels.
i would advise you to consult a physician and get a complete examination including a prctoscopy done to rule out the fistula.
as of your persistent bleeding looks like the product of conception are still in the uterine cavity needing future evacualtion of the same.
in case the symptoms worsen call the emergency regarding the same.
i hope i have answered your query.
take care and contact at HCM in case of further query
Answered: Fri, 2 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor