Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Bleeding from Broken Scab

On last thursday i took a spill down some stairs and busted open my lip, there was minor bleeding and today after the pink scabs are gone the large black scab at the center of the cut remains but is cracked down the middle. should i see if the cracked pieces come off or leave it alone? I also have 3 giant purple bruises from the fall that seem to only be growing, should i get them checked out even though my bones feel fine. There are two on my knee, the biggest (tangerine size) is starting to throb, and there is one on my backside that showed up on monday and is continuing to grow.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jan 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  542
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

Such changes are common in the initial few days of injury. I have also experienced that before. You should not worry about it. Give some hot fomentation to the areas. Also take an analgesic to reduce the swelling and ease the pain.

Answered: Thu, 28 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor