Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Bleeding ear after accident. Now ear ringing, loss of hearing. How can I overcome this problem?

I am november 2011 I met with an accident at that time blood bleeding from my ear. During the accident time left ear injured seriouly .I have been facing ear ringing problem and unable to hear others persons words because my left ear not working properly. How can I overcome this problem, please give advice to me. My email adderess is YYYY@YYYY Thanks, Narsimha
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  93
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM

The accident seems to cause injury to the structure(s) in your ear.
Since, you are facing the problem of decreased hearing and ringing in your left ear, it indicates that there may be a damage to the tympanic membrane (ear drum).
The haering loss seems to be a conductive one. The other type of hearing loss is sensory neural one which is caused due to damage ro the structures present in the inner ear.

Please consult an ENT specialist.
You need to get an ear examination, hearing tests, X-ray of the mastoid region.
Bleeding from the ear can be due to fracture of the temporal bone though in case couple of months have elapsed so this is a rare possibility.

In case there is rupture of tympaniv membrane, it can be corrected by a surgery.

Thank you and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal
Answered: Tue, 13 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor