Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Bleeding after delivery, surgical removal of placenta, haemoglobin dropped. Should I have blood transfusion?

I just had a baby two days ago and lost 1and half litres blood.also had surgical removal of placenta under ga. My hb was 13 when I came into hosp.after op it dropped to 9 and is now 6.should I have blood transfusion which hosp dr recommends
Asked On : Tue, 13 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response
you have almost lost half of your blood acutely, in this situation Dr's recommend blood transfusion although it has some inherent risks but in cases of emergency one has to take some risk to avoid any serious complication, but as a person you have your rights u may refuse transfusion if u don't want provided u understand the consequences. In that case your Dr, will give you other options like iron injectios or rarely some hormones to increase your Hb.
Answered: Tue, 13 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor