Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Black spots on face due to Shingles. Ointment?

Dear doctors, I ve just recovered from a very bad bout of shingles ( herpes zoster ) which affected one side of my face . This has left dark spots at the place where I had the blisters - while some spots have gone, some still remain prominently on my face. I believe there is an ointment that can treat these spots - can you please recommend such an ointment. Thanks!
Asked On : Fri, 4 May 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  1165
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response

you need to wait for atleast a month before using any cream on them. herpesz zoster also leaves scars which are difficult to treat. but for the marks you can apply glycolic acid 6 % cream and kojic acid cream on the marks at night.

Answered: Thu, 24 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Puvvula Kishore Kumar's  Response
Hi...dear yani...,
Thanks for choosing HCM..,
These spots are called POST HERPETIC MELANOSIS..,
Good treatment is available..,
1) Apply morning times SUNSCREEN lotion to avoid...,
further blackening..,
2) Kojic acid and vit C...KOJIC CREAM..Curatio will give good reault..,
3) Tab dertantox ...Skin vitamin tablets daily for 15 days..,
4) If not responding to medical treatment..,Go for procedures like
chemical peeling.,
ok thanQ
Answered: Tue, 29 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor