Black spots in vision after using flash on eyes. Does camera flash make us blind ?

Will camera flash make me go blind? I was just messing around with my iphone4 seeing how much it could focus, so I tried taking a picture of my eye but I accidentally left the flash on! And BAM! I was looking directly at it too, it was so bright! I could see a few black spots in my vision , but they went away like in a minute, I know that s what happens when you look at light. I m really worried about gradually becoming blind or not, please help!
Wed, 28 Nov 2012