Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Black spot on inner labia for years, got bigger with second baby. Worried about cancer?

I have a black spot on my inner labia , its smooth to the touch and ive never noticed it hurting me but I do know that it has been on there for a few years and after I had my 2nd kid 7 monts ago it looks bigger my obgyn said it was just a freckle and not to worrie but I looked it up on google and I was reading alot about cancer .. Should I be worried??
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,  
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Oncologist, Radiation 's  Response
black spot may be due to pigmented naevi. clinical examination is helpful. as your gynaecologist has seen the lesion he/she has defintely made the correct diagnosis. anyway, any black lesion if suddenly starts to increase in size, changes its texture then immediate excision and biopsy needed because this may be melanoma. so please notice the nature of the lesion at regular interval. consult your doctor.
Answered: Sat, 2 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor