Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Black spot on anus, itching. Applied anti-bacterial cream. Should I visit a doctor?

i've had couple small black spot on around my anus area, and the area itches every so often and especially when i have contact with area. beside from the hemrroid lump, the surrounding area is quite bothering and itches and this condition has been lingering the last month or so. i clean and apply over the counter anti bacterial cream quite often but it's not going away. should i visit a doctor to check it out? thx
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response

Definitely you should visit dermatologist.

It seems that you are having pruritus ani.

There are many causes.

In your case haemorrhoids may be the cause.

Thorough examination will be done and if needed he will advise for blood test to rule out other diseases.

Antihistaminics , mild steroid with antibacterial cream may be prescribed.

If there is hamorrhoides, he will refer to surgeon.

Ok ..

I hope you got my answer.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD

Answered: Sun, 16 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor