Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Black ring like bruise on penis head, bleeding. What can heal?

my 18 month old son has a blackish ring almost like a bruise around the head of his penis . When I took him to the doctor for his check up the doctor said the skin had grown to far forward and pulled it back so that it ripped down below the ridge at the base of the head. It bled badly and took over a week to heal. Now I am concerned that something was damaged. He also has extra skin on the head of his penis around the pee hole and I don t know what to do I tried taking him to the emergency room but they wouldn t see him because they said it is not an emergency. I am a new mom with nobody to turn to for advice PLEASE HELP
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  138
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016

Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your 18 months old son has developed a paraphimosis and a constricting band at the coronal sulcus an junction of the glans and shaft of the penis.

You have to consult qualified Urologist for confirmation and further treatment. He may need to get circumcised.In the mean while you can give him some antibiotics and some tropical antibiotic ointment for application locally anti inflammatory drug after consulting your family Physician,

Answered: Sat, 9 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor