Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Black bruise below elbow, pale coloured. What s it and possible treatment?

3 days ago noticed onupper arm below elbow on muscle a big dark purple almost blackk bruise witha a hard center ab out 1/4 or more inch long. there is no itching, its not like insect bite where the lump is pale colored , no open sore, pain only when touch at the acolre, no memory of injury occuring or bite happening. so now on this 3rd day around the dark bruise is a square shape red color about a 1/2 in. are u able to help us diagnose and/or treat.
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dec 2013

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to HCM.

It appears from your problem that you have "Purpuric spot". Purpuric spots appears after any minor or major frictional injury over skin.
Due to trauma over the skin, blood collects underneath the skin due to rupture of small blood vessels under the skin. Initially it appears as reddish and then turns purplish in next few days. The complete normal skin status takes few weeks of period.

In your case you might had encountered a frictional trauma leading to this spot. You need not to be worried about this spot if it is not progressing in size. No active intervention is required for the same. It would be changing its color to dark black then greenish and lastly yellowish before fading off in next couple of weeks.

If the spot is increasing or multiple new spots are forming then you you must consult either a physician or a dermatologist.
Hope these informations are helpful.

"Wish you good health"

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD (Dermatology & STDs)
Answered: Tue, 18 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor