Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Bitten by stray dog fifteen years ago. Did not complete vaccination course. Rabies infection?

Sir ,,i was biten by a small road side dog 15 year back, i was around 12 year old.. i washed my wound .. and later took 4-5 injection near my navel though course was 11 or 14 injection...but injection pain was unbearable so i took only 4-5 injection can i have rabies in future,,, cause i didnt took full course
Asked On : Sat, 22 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.
Taking incomplete course of anti rabies will give only partial protection against rabies and this may not protect you completely.
As this happened 15 years back and you are healthy now, don't bather at present.
But nowadays the available anti rabies vaccines are safe and not painful in comparison to previous ones.
Hope I have answered your query.
Answered: Sun, 29 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor