Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Bitten by ants. Have bad pain and infection. How can I treat myself?

I had gotten bitten by ants during March of this year while camping they went from below my arms to my waist I went to the doctor after being in horrible pain for atleast a week and they diagnosed me with some sort of infection, but after i got everything treated i started developing abscesses coming and going for the past few months im not sure what to do about it, they are leaving scars all over my stomach thighs legs and arms.
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome to health care magic.
From your history of insect bite during camping, recurrent boils which are leaving scars , prolonged duration and distribution, I would want to rule out deep fungal infections like sporotrichosis and chromomycosis. These fungi are found in nature and get introduced after some kind of skin trauma.
Please consult a specialist who may consider skin biopsy and also cultures.
Take care.
Answered: Sat, 21 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor