Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

Bitten by ant. Had a red line on wrist. What is it?

My husband was bitten by an ant yesterday while cutting grass. This morning when he woke up he noticed a red line from his wrist to his armpit..I am concerned and was wondering if we should go to the emergency room to have it checked out. I know he is allergic to ants but this has never happened before...What should we do?
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
ant bite or insect bite can cause allergy rednaess and swelling and itching some times burning also. I was yesterday it should settle down by itself,or if he has itching a tab of antihistaminic like levocetrazine may be taken.locally some soothing lotion may be applied. Some time allergy is serious like anaphylaxis or angioneurotic oedema ,if you suspect any thing serious then visit Emergency Room. Hope every thing will be fine all the best.
Answered: Sun, 26 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor