Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Bites on face, red spots, oozing clear liquid. Using benadryl, arnica. Treatment options?

I have some sort of bite on my face, it is large, like a dime, but deep too, hard and oozes clear, at first it was just a red spot I woke up with a few mornings ago, but over the last couple of days it has gotten larger and hard. I did not feel or see it happen so I don t know what is was that bit me, but I have a hypersensitivity to bug bites and this is not like any pimple I have ever had. I have been putting arnica on it and taking benedryl , but its not getting smaller or less angry looking? What should I do?
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  226
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
The symptoms you have described are of an insect bite,with inflammatory reaction around it.
The inflammatory process takes some time go away.
You can apply anti inflammatory ointment over it.
I would suggest you take systemic antibiotic as well, to prevent super added infection.
You can continue with Bendryl .
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Mon, 31 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Emergency Medicine Specialist Dr. Sheeba Stephen's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

It appears that you are having an allergic or a hypersensitivity reaction to an insect bite. I would suggest the following measures:

- You can take an anti-allergy medication such as Cetrizine or Pheneramine. This will decrease the skin lesion as well as decrease the itching and irritation

- You can apply a topical application such as Calamine lotion, over the affected area. This will keep the area dry and soothe the irritation

- Avoid picking on the lesion as this can sometimes cause additional infection.

- Often the best way to prevent hypersensitivity or allergic reactions is to avoid the trigerring factor. So, keep yourself away from mosquito or insect bites by using insect repellants or nets.

If your problem doesn't resolve despite these measures, then I would suggest that you consult a Dermatologist for further evaluation and management.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Sheeba Stephen
Answered: Mon, 31 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor