Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Bites near ankle, red and itchy. What is the pus?

About 2 weeks ago I woke up (after having been outside all day and night) with many small bites near my ankes and on my calves. They were small, reddish and very itchy. They are still present but now very small, mostly flesh colored but appear to have a small amoutn of liquid or puss underneath. What could this be?
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  87
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi small itchy reddish scars on the ankles and on the calves can be papular urticaria due to mosquito bites or ant bites.or any insect bites.
they can be treated with regular moistersier application and application of hhfudic ointment can cure them.use a antibiotic and antihistamine for symptomatisc relief,
to protect from them use clean clothes worn fully all over the body.avoid water to stagnate.,keep the surroundings clean and use mosquito nets at the night time
Answered: Wed, 4 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor