Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Birthmark, growing bigger, darker, slightly raised above skin, like a mole

My daughter is 5 years old and she has a birthmark on her right forearm . When she was a baby, it was just a tiny freckle . Now it is the size of a quarter, a little darker in color than a freckle, not perfectly round like a mole (irregular edges), and is now becoming just slightly raised above the skin. It s pretty much the same color throughout, maybe a few lighter areas in the mark. Do you think this is normal?
Asked On : Sun, 15 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  70
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi.When there is a change in color or border (irregular) or size (in your case all the three) it is quite suspicious and might be abnormal.Most of the birth marks are asymptomatic for the rest of the life but when there are changes (appreciate your close observation) it has to be brought to the notice of dermatologist.Hope this helps.Take care.
Answered: Sat, 2 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor