Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

Bilateral ovarian cyst, want to conceive. What are my treatment options?

My name is Jill,a 30 yr old with blateral ovarian cyst(chocolate cyst) measuring 10X5.5 in rt ovary and 8.3X5.5 in lt ovary.It was diagnosed during my first pregnancy but unfortunately I had missed abortion at 22 weeks of gestation.I still want to get pregnant.What r the treatment options for my problem.The cysts are asymptomatic at present without any medications.
Thu, 7 Mar 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello, thanks for using health care magic.
Chocolate cysts or endometrioid cysts are ovarian cyst that develop due to the presence of endometrial glands and tissue in the ovary. When symptomatic, they may present with pelvic pains, infertility, painful menses, painful sexual intercourse etc. They have a risk of causing complications such as ovarian torsion and rupture of cyst as they grow bigger.
More so, they can become cancerous leading to cancer which is a dreaded condition.
Asymptomatic cyst, really do not have any problem at the time but the risks of future complications listed above. As such, it will be necessary to discuss with your gyns/obst on various treatment options and possibly cystectomy. (not sure of the units of the cysts; centimetre or millimetre?)
Best regards
Dr Achuo A. M.
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor