Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Bilateral multiple renal calculi. Taking reactine, pyridium, cystone dynapress and citadel. Surgery needed?

Dear Doctor, I am suffering from bilateral multiple renal calculi measuring about 6-7 mm on rt.side and 4-6 mm on left side since one month. I. C.Narsing Rao aged 65 5 .10 and weighing 84 kgs. Now I am under treatment with my family Dr K.Srinivas M.D ( General Phisician ) at Kukatpally . Now I am being treated tabs. Reactine 50 mg , pyridium 200 mg,Cystone one tab a day and Dynapress 0.4 mg and Citadel syrup . plz. suggest early dissolve of calculi is any surgery is needed. plz. send address of clinic .
Asked On : Mon, 7 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  205
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Hi, many thanks for the query!
To decide whether operation is needed or not, you need to do certain investigations- USG (KUB), X-ray KUB, Sr. uric acid, Sr. creatinine, Urine (routine & microscopy), IVP (if needed as per reports of other investigations).
You should take stone conservative treatment including Diuretics, Anti-spasmodics, urine alkalinizing agents, uric acid synthesis inhibitors (if raised) like allopurinol as per your doctor's opinion.
Drink plenty of oral fluids so that 3 litres of urine is voided in 24 hours.
Wish you a good health. Take care.
Answered: Mon, 24 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor