Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Bilateral lower extremity edema, bloated tummy, sore throat. Taking norvasc. Help?

I have a Home Health patient taking Norvasc , good bp control with Norvasc. Recent increase in bilateral lower extremity edema ( 2-3+ ) Ascites like bloating of abdomen. LFT s wnl. MD started Lasix for edema but changed Norvasc to Azor 5-40mg. Can t figure out why ? Patient called me today, 3 days into Azor use. Developed a scratchy throat, sounds like he has laryngitis, no other symptoms of URI. Wondering if it is new med is @ fault ?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  100
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
themedicines used for blood presure can cause allergies and other problems
previous salt was givin oedema and this salt is causing the throat and other problems posted by you
you can take antiallergic to relieve from this episode
you have to try which salt suits the patient without havin anyside effects
Answered: Mon, 29 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor