Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Bike accident, knee injured, undergone collarbone surgery, sore lump above kneecap. What could be this?

about two weeks ago now i had a bike crash and broke my collarbone and wrist, my knee was also injured but was not the focus due to having surgery on my collarbone. after surgery we realised that my knee (left) was quite swollen and had no feeling to the skin (like having a local anesthetic) now the swelling has gone down and the numb sensation has dissipated besides in one spot right above my kneecap where there is a coin sized lump witch is sore to touch and very hard. Any idea what it is?
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome at healthcare magic.
I feel sorry to hear about your accident.

It looks that you are worried about small lump over the knee.

Underneath skin & in front of knee we have a pocket of small fluid containing structure which is present in normal person.This structure is known as bursa.The collection of fluid in this bursa increases whenever there is infection ,inflammation or trauma.

The present swelling is in this bursa is due to trauma,you are having PRE PATELLAR TRAUMATIC BURSITIS.

At present you should do cold fomentation over it & take an anti inflammatory analgesic.This will give you relief.

With best wishes.

Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor