Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Big smelly leaking boils after getting pregnant. How to get relief?

I am a 22 year old female that has been struggling with Boils since I first discovered I was pregnant two Years ago. Usualy they form then go away after a Few days so its usualy not too much of a big deal But this one under my arm just keeps bothering Me..its been there for a whole year! Its not Big, and it doesn t itch but it leaks everyday and The smell is horrible! Even after a long hot shower And some deoderant the smell comes back a few Minutes later and so does the leaking. I Have to sometimes change shirts 3 times a day Because the open wound gets stuck to my Shirt and its very painful to take it off. Iv went to the dr but all they do is give me Antibiotics that make me wanna puke! What Can I do about this leaking and this horrible Smell.
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome to healthcare magic

It is rather unusual for a boil to remain at the same place without healing for one year. I recommend you to see a dermatologist. It could be a sebaceous cyst or a lymph node draining pus called cold abscess caused by tuberculosis. The other possibility is hidradenitis suppurativa. In this condition recurrent boils will come and scar.

Hope this helped
Take care
Answered: Wed, 7 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor