Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Big painful pimples on the forehead, elevated temperature. What to do?

Hello, I really need help! I am 25 year old female. Since the time summer has started, I am getting big cystic pimples on my forehead and cheeks! I usually have 1 or 2 pimples most of the time. But now-a-days they have increased in numbers! I have 5-6 really red huge painful pimples on my forehead which feels really hot when u touch them. its embarrassing. I thought they would go away if I continue my skin care routine, but they are increasing. everyday at least 3 new pimples are showing(huge red angry ones). my body also feels really hot like its running on a higher temperature than normal but I don t have fever . What can I do to reduce these pimples and body heat? Please help!!!
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  191
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Sexual Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Good evening madam,
By reading the history i think you have acne vulgaris. to grade the acne i need to see the pictures. usually acne is due to sebaceous gland over secretions which is under hormonal control. Before treating i should grade so that to decide whether you need any systemic treatment or topical therapy is sufficient. You can take some basic measures like wash your face in cold water 5 to 6 times daily and apply any powder. ensure that you always keep your face dry. secondly clean your scalp regularly with mild shampoo and do not apply any oil to your scalp. further by looking at picture we can decide future course of therapy
Answered: Thu, 28 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Sudarshan's  Response
Hi Sahana,
Thanks for writing in.
The condition can be periporitis ,acne vulgaris,folliculitis etc.
A 3-5 day course of oral antibiotic like azithromycin and topical antibiotic cream like clindamycin /fusidic acid will be helpful .
A visit to dermatologist will be helpful for confirmation of diagnosis and treatment.
Hope this helps.
Answered: Thu, 28 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor