Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Big hard lump above anus, very painful, blood, pus oozing out. How will it heal?

I have a hard lump about an inch from my anus that is about the size of a golf ball and very painful. I have been on vacation for a week and this developed while I was away so I could not call my doctor. It started to ooze a bloody filled pus mixture about four days ago but the hard lump may have gotten smaller but has not gone away. It is very painful and I cannot stand for more than a minute or so but the pain eases a bit when I walk or move around.
Asked On : Thu, 8 Aug 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
This is a lump filled with pus call as PERI-ANAL abscess .
Reasons may be many but bacteria's type may be streptococcus, staphylococcal .
May be fistula ( less chances according to history of illness in query).
The ice pack massage , antibiotics,anti inflammatory drugs will help you.
Since you are on vacation , so take aceclofinac 200 mg controlled release tablets according to pain and swelling.
Rest is also good for you .
Lie in prone position , so it will not get inflammation any more.
Get in blood for diabetes after vacation.
Stool examination also important.
Good luck.
Answered: Thu, 8 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor