Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Big blotchy red spot on baby, below the knee and above the ankle, appears while walking only, doctor confused. Suggestions?

I just took my baby boy 1 yr old to the dr today, for about 3 weeks now he has had a big blotchy red spot about the size of an adults hand on his rt leg just below his knee and above his ankle it cover the bottom part of his leg but it comes and goes it s really strange. When we got to the dr office it wasn t there so the dr said as soon as it happens bring him back in or take a pic. So I told him it seems to happen more outside & if he stands & walks on it, I then put him down & let him walk on it because he wanted to see him walk as he was walking it started to apear so we let him walk around awhile I told the dr it actually gets brighter red than what it was but he said it s already a bright red where he could see it, so he examined it further and told me he was stumped he had never seen anything like it before not very comforting I might add when a dr is stumped. He went over the reasons it couldn t be an allergic reaction , or a bite of some sort or broken bone etc. He told me the reasons it couldn t be those things but didn t have an answer as what it might be? It s always in the exact same spot and always seems the exact same shape? He said lets give it another 3 weeks & if it s not gone away completley he will get another dr to take a look.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  112
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi erythematous rash on the leg only walking can be acute urticaria or due to blockade of any vessel inside the lower leg.first try atarax syrup in the night.alaspan in the morning and apply calamine lotion over the leg.if no response colour doppler of lower leg is done to see for any blockade of any vessel and treat the condition accordingly
Answered: Mon, 28 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor