Best treatment for acne

Hi, what do you think is the best treatment for acne .
Wed, 27 Apr 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  
's  Response
hi welcome to health care magic !
if you are interested in ayurvedic med. then u may take
1. Kaishore gugglu 1 gugglu thrice a day.
2. Arogyawardhani vati 2 tab. twice a day .
3. clarina cream ( himalaya) apply 2 times.
Avoid oily food.
TAKE CARE!
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Dear.There are types of acne and the choice of drug depends upon it.In general the acne results as result of infection skin pores on face due to its clogging may be by dust or as a result of oily skin.Please maintain good hygiene,take less oily foods.Please wash your face with mild anti septic soap every time your come from out side.for exact treatment in your case please speak to your family doctor.bye.
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Hi!,

Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

Treatment of acne depends upon the stage or grade of acne one has.There are four grades is acne ,from blackheads to nodular variety .Also treatment depends upon the cause of acne . Cause of acne may be just a wrong selection of soap or a moisturizer to hormonal disturbances in body (esp in females).
Treatment starts form the use of a anti acne face cleanser .It can be a anti acne soap or a face wash .Next would be use of a good anti acne cream for day time and night time use. Along with this one should be given a course of antibiotic tablet .This I would say is the basic or the first level treatment.
If patient does not respond to this or one has very sever acne then comes use of oral retinoids.Retinoids are wonder drug for acne , but one needs to undergo various blood investigations before taking this .Also there are certain precautions which one needs to follow before use of this medicine.Your dermatologist would be the best judge for this .
Now coming to female patients who have hormonal imbalance with irregular periods and sever acne .Firstly they need to undergo a hormonal profile and ultrasound to rule out any hormonal disturbances.If it comes positive then they would require hormonal medicines to control their acne.Conventional medicines would not have good result on them.
Along with this one has to drink plenty of water and take good 7 hr sleep in night.Healthy life style with above treatment is a must to keep your face clean and acne free.
So,i would advise you to consult a skin specialist(dermatologist) who can prescribe you medicines accordingly.

regards,
Dr.chawda