Owl Image

Best drug for rheumatoid arthritis

Which is a better drug to lessen the pain of rheumatoid arthritis? Movon P or Dolo 650?
Fri, 28 Jun 2013
Hi dear
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
Movon P has aceclofenac and Paracetmol.Dolo 650 has Paracetmol alone.So , to reduce the pain in arthritis , Movon P is more efficient than Dolo.
When you take Movon P , it is important to take an antacid along with it to reduce its side effect like gastritis.
ENT Specialist Dr. Puneet Maheshwari's  Response
Hi dear
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
dolo is just paracetamol which can work in r.a but not the best drug of choice infatc movon p is much better

Anonymous's Response
Thank you for giving your time to us and solving our query. :) It will definitely help us.
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Bikas Mandal's  Response
none of it can reduce pain in rheumatoid arthritis. i advise to take indomethacin 75 mg od or piroxicam 20 mg with ranitididine 150 mg bd.
If you have an established disease and a confirmed diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis, neither of the drugs (Movon-p & Dolo 650) are good for you.They may lessen the pain,but on long term use,they will produce lots of side effects.It would be better if you remain under care of a specialist (Rheumatologis) and take some DMARDs (Disease Modifying Anti Rheumatic Drugs),as are prescribed by your specialist.