Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Best doctor to treat epilepsy

My mother is suffering with epilepsy from childhood ie., from the age of 8years she is suffering from this every alternate month she is seeking doctors advice but it is not improving her health so please advice me any good doctor who can treat this epilepsy i stay in hyderabad
Asked On : Mon, 15 Mar 2010
Answers:  5 Views:  1704
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. You can visit Nizam's Institute of Medical Science.. It is known to have good neurologist who can be able to help you better.. Alternatively, you can use search a a doctor facility to find a good neurologist in Hyderabad through the website. The link to it is

Answered: Thu, 18 Mar 2010
Neurologist Dr. Shiva Kumar R's  Response
Thanks for using healthcaremagic. Your mother is probably suffering from temporal lobe epilepsy which is usually due to a scar in the brain. If this is true this can be cured by simple surgery of removing the scar. So consult a Epileptologist who can do the tests and decide if she is a candidate for surgery. This kind of specialist are available in Bangalore, Hyderabad and Trivandrum. Bye
Answered: Fri, 13 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.Please take guidance from Neurophysician in your city.He will give proper guidance on your case.bye.
Answered: Mon, 9 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
consult a nrurologist for your case.
Answered: Mon, 9 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
My brother is suffering from epilepcy . he exprience little shock for a while during that time his mind disconnect from his body he doesn't what happend to him . He is taking medicine for last 17 year and we are afraid that continouse using of medicine may be hurmfull in future. His present age is 33 year and medicine following medicine taken
1. Valparine chromo 500mg 3 times a day, 2. Levera 1000mg 2 times, 3. Revotril 2mg at night .please suggest .
Thanking you

Answered: Mon, 9 May 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor