Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Best diet for raised alt level of 72 patient

please advise about the best diet for my sixteen year old daughter with an alt level of 72. she is taking glucophage since 15 days.thanx
Asked On : Tue, 15 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  417
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to healthcaremagic. Well your daughter's ALT level isnt much raised, and as you have mentioned she is diabetic, on glucophage.The dietician is the best person to advice you the best, nevertheless, there are studies which say fruit or vegetable intake separately is not associated with type 1 diabetes. It is important to characterize and minimize diabetogenic factors in fruits and vegetables as the general health benefits of a diet rich in fruits and vegetables are well known and such a diet is therefore recommended.The significance of cow's milk and other animal products too bear great significance.Hence i would suggest you to consult a good diabetic Dietician who would guide you the best way.
Answered: Wed, 16 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
dr tina thank you very much for responding.i will contact u again when i get my daughter's test results. she does not have diabetes,but is being investigated for polycystic ovaries.thanx.
Answered: Wed, 16 Feb 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor