Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

Best available treatment for conductive hearing loss

Hi, I am suffering from conductive hearing loss.Doctor has advised for Stapedectomy surgery.Everywhere its written that this surgery's success lots depends on the surgeons exp like how many such type of operations done by him/her already.So I am in quite dilemma to find out what is the best available treatment in Bangalore.Please help me in find out who is the best ENT Surgeon here in bangalore who is quite familiar with this Stapedectomy surgery. Your suggestion is very much needed appreciated.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Mar 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  781
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
  User's Response

True, you may consult Dr Sunil Narayan Dutt @ New Apollo Hospitals, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore and also explore BAHA (Bone Anchored Hearing Aid) as an alternative.

Answered: Thu, 18 Mar 2010
General & Family Physician Dr. Radhika Thyagaraju's  Response
treatment of conductive deafness depends upon the nature and the cause. It also depends on the functioning of the cochlear apparatus. Stapedectomy can be performed by ent specialists. Mant surgeons today can perform this effeciently as it is a regular procedure. You can visit ent surgeons in bowring hospital, victoria hospital etc. I would advise you to get a audiogram in advance to the surgery as it will help in better treatment. I hope i have answered your query. Take care
Answered: Fri, 2 Dec 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor