Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Bend in penis during erection. Several cancer scopes taken through penis. History of bladder cancer. Causes for bend?

Hello, I have had bladder cancer in 2010 and now I am clear after 5 operation and kemo. After all this I have had many cancer scopes through my penus but since the last scope I have a noticed a bend in my penus when having an errection, I use viagra and until now it has worked, it still works but not nearly as effective with this bend in my penus, also were the bend is there is an indentation right were it is bent. Could the cancer scope cause this or does it sound like another type of issue. Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  84
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have developed (Peyronie"s disease) a calcified plaque in tunica Albuginea a sheath that covers Corpora Cavernosa of Penis ( muscle involved in erection)

This is not due to multiple endoscopic examinations that were carried out as a part of treatment for cancer of the Bladder.
It is a self limiting disease and no treatment is advised unless there is marked deformity (Curvature) that hinders the intercourse.
The problem in getting hard erection could be due to this oligopolistic consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and advice regarding further treatment.
Answered: Wed, 6 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
You seem to be suffering from Peyronie's disease.
Peyronie's disease  is caused by scar tissue which forms along the length of penis in the corpora cavernosa.
The underlying cause of Peyronie's Disease is not well understood, but is thought to be caused by trauma or injury to the penis.In your case cancer surgery could have triggered the development of this problem,although calcium channel blockers and beta blockers have also been blamed for this problem.

A urologist can diagnose the disease and suggest treatment.
If there is mild pain or if there is no problem in intercourse,then nothing is done.However if there is pain in intercourse,a corrective surgery can be performed.
 An ultrasound can provide conclusive evidence of Peyronie's disease.
Consult a urologist.
Answered: Wed, 6 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

4 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor