Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Belly button swelling and lower tummy pressure

i have this heavy feeling in my stomach below my belly button and slight pain throughout the month. when i start to approach my menstral cycle a puss filled swelling appears from the very inside of my belly button it does pop ozzing fluid and puss then goes away till next time. my doc is doing alot of tests mostly to do with my reproductive system but i dont know what hes looking for and i want to know what to expect for possible diagnosis i am 22 year old female who has never been pregnant , i do not use condoms or the pill 2 years ago a ER doc diagnosed me with endemetrosis* i also have a generally heavy flow for 4-5 days and sex can be painful( only in certain positions like me on top, or depths all the way in hurts alot)
Asked On : Mon, 16 May 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  679
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
hello kim,
The symptoms you are referring to indeed could be related to endometriosis as diagnosed by the ER doctor.The swelling on your umbilicus also might be due to the same.Hence i suggest you continue treatment with your GYN.
All the best.
Answered: Mon, 26 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hi kim;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The pus coming out from belly button is likely to be a abscess or a sinus which is not getting completely drained and treated so it is recurring so better consult a surgeon who will help you with medicines or possible surgical procedure(like I & D;or excision in case of a sinus;or just debrinement to remove the pus completely) so that it can be completely cured.Please consult a surgeon ASAP.As for occassional painin certain positions in sex it may be due to your endometrosis and what your doctor is testing your reproductive system has probably no relation to the pus coming from belly button so please consult a surgeon for the pus in belly button and possibly another Gynaec opinion for your endometrosis.
Answered: Mon, 16 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi Kim, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
I think it is incidental that a Pus filled swelling appears in your Belly Button once a Month. It is a Belly Button Infection which is a Boil or Furuncle which happens if there is infection of the Hair follicle. You can just apply heat pads over it, This helps the boil rupture and drain more quickly and do not try to squeeze it. Wash your hands thoroughly after treating a boil.
Now coming to Endometriosis, it is the cause for the pain through out your cycle and pain while having sex which is called Dyspareunia.Take the Medications as directed by your Doctor go for regular follow up. Consult your Doctor immediately if you happen to develop severe cramping and Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding. Warm baths and a heating pad can help relax pelvic muscles, reducing cramping and pain.

Wish you Good Health, Take Care.
Answered: Mon, 16 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor