Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Belly button has a skin colored bump. Why is it growing?

My 3 year old son has a skin colored lump/bump protruding from inside his belly button. We were told over a year ago that it was an umbilical polyp . The doctor said no big deal, she didn t want to surgically remove it if it wasn t causing any pain or problems. Now it is sticking out more, it s slightly bigger (maybe a little larger than a pea), and it s hurting him. It also looks like it is going to pop.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  155
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query,

It might be a skin tag,

The other possibility is viral wart.

A photograph would have helped in diagnosis.

Dont worry it can be easily removed by minor surgery.

Please meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.
Answered: Wed, 28 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor