Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Being an asthmatic smoker what measures should i take to cure breathing problems ?

hey there, i am 17 and i am an asthmatic smoker , yes i know not the best combination but at the moment i have poped ears , stuffy nose , headake and gasping for air , i take a couple shots of venation and it does not do a thing , my lungs feel really heavy and and im constantly coughing up yellow flem.
Asked On : Wed, 25 May 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  481
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
  User's Response
Let me know how long are u suffering from this?
Check out your lungs position by means of CXR PA digital view
Absolute Eosinophilic Count
Sputum for culture and sensitivity
Total Lung Volume Test
Mean while use the following:
1. Clarthromycin 250 mg twice a day after food for 5 days
2. omnacortil 10 mg one tablet a day for 5 days
3. Brecorex-A Syrup 10 ml thrice a day after food
4. Delcar Forte tablets one per day for 5 days
u will have an amazing result with the above prescribed medicine.
PH: +91 9849153488/+91 80 197 30310/+91 8712744454
Answered: Wed, 15 Jun 2011
  User's Response
if u are able to purchase indian medicines so i will prescribe u some ayurved medicine which will help u.firstly u will have to avoid oily,spicy food,rice,cow milk and buffalo milk,smoke and some other thing from which u have allergy.u should take-
1. amasthavleha twice a day with 1 cup of got milk,
2. a combination of 125 mg shwaskaschintamani ras,125 mg tankan bhasma and 250 g talishadi churna with honey twice a day before half an hour of breakfast or dinner,
3.syp. kankasava 15ml twice a day after meal,
take this medicine properly for one month,u will feel better.

Answered: Sat, 11 Jun 2011
Pediatrician Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee's  Response
The story suggests you have got exerbation of Asthma with probable bacterial infection. My advise will be to see a chest Physician. Ventiolin(Salbutamol) is brocho dilator.It will not work much on its own as becauseyour air tubes can not dilate any more.Inside your air tubes are swollen due to inflamtion and it needs steroids, also you need antibiotics for infection. When some one caughs up discoloured sputum like green or yellow it suggests usually bacterial infection. You need to stop smoking. You should have chest X-ray lung function test and examination of sputum. Idially you should use two medications one is Ventiolin only when you feel tightness inthe chest and the othe one is steroid inhailer which you should use regularly twice daily. The chest Pysician will give you properlong term advise. You are only young smoking leads dangerous condition of the lungs known as COPD .
Answered: Sun, 12 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor