Beginning two weeks ago, I started getting pain in my

Beginning two weeks ago, I started getting pain in my arms and chest. I eventually narrowed it down to my lymph nodes in my armpits. They would swell up and become painful. However, this would only happen when I drank alcohol. I drink whiskey regularly, and any time I would drink whiskey, one lymph node (not both) under one armpit would swell up and become painful. I read how this can be a symptom of Hodgkin's lymphoma, which really got me worried.

I went to my primary care physician, and she said she knew of no correlation between food/drink and lymph inflammation. I asked her why one of my lymph nodes would consistently become swollen and painful when I drank alcohol, and she just shrugged.

Can you help explain why the lymph nodes under my armpits would become swollen and painful, but only when drinking alcohol?
Sat, 13 Oct 2018